Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Diversity of species in my immediate environment


It is funny, I looked at Frances her Blog to give me some inspiration and the first thing she mentioned was her plant. I was only thinking of animals when I was reviewing this question. But this gives me more to talk about.
So I have a spiderplant in my house. It is small but growing really fast. I took a small crop with me, somebody left them at AIMC and told people to take them home.
I also have another plant, I don't no the name of. It is growing fast also.
And my last plant is an orchid, but this one died, I think.
The animals that live in my house are spiders, ants and since recently mosquitoes!
The spiders have long small legs, the body is relatively small to their body... I don't know how they are called.
I wish I did not look at Internet, what other organisms live indoors... but I did....
Dust mites are tiny organisms that live in dust. They can be found almost everywhere indoors -- in carpet, bedding, upholstered furniture, stuffed toys and mattresses.
Cockroaches get into a house through wall cracks, windows, gaps in floors or wood trim, cellars, drains, and doors that leads outdoors. They need water in order to live and they will seek wet areas in the home such as leaky pipes and faucets.
The Bacteria are a large group of unicellular microorganisms. Typically a few micrometres in length, bacteria have a wide range of shapes, ranging from spheres to rods and spirals. Bacteria are ubiquitous in every habitat on Earth, growing in soil, acidic hot springs, radioactive waste, water, and deep in the Earth's crust, as well as in organic matter and the live bodies of plants and animals.
Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. However, when mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.
Oke, I think I should stop looking now...

1 comment:

jenny said...

that dust mite looks vicious! are those crawling around on my pillow?!